Having operated for a number of years, we have gathered a large amount of material from which we select relevant topics in the educational section of the support group meeting.
Examples of topics:
- What is depression?
- Family/media etc. messages and the effects
Living with/managing depression
- Your feelings are your friends: Anxiety, Guilt, Anger
- Attitudes to/respecting/caring for our bodies
Tools for healing
- Changing negative thoughts, perfectionism, CBT. How to stay depressed
- Planning for change: Structure your days, keeping balance, achievement, motivation, goals
- Narrative approach - How did I manage it that time? DESC
- Spirituality and creativity
Life beyond the black hole
- Relapse prevention
- Friendships, support, belonging.